The Education Foundation for Lockhart ISD promotes opportunities for community engagement in financial support of quality education, inspired learning, and innovative opportunities for all students.
The Education Foundation for Lockhart ISD.
- Cultivates and supports innovation to benefit students and staff and enhance the mission of the school district.
- Supports activities not funded by tax revenue.
- Solicits funding from private and corporate sources.
- Provides grant funding through a process developed and overseen by a volunteer committee, representing business, community and educational leaders.
Who does the Foundation help?
- STUDENTS participate in creative, research-based learning activities.
- TEACHERS guide students in attaining academic success.
- BUSINESSES benefit from a well-trained cadre of educated citizens.
- COMMUNITIES are rewarded with well-educated, productive citizens.
What is our goal in the long run?
- Enhance and enrich educational opportunities for students.
- Support staff for innovative efforts and recognize staff for exemplary teaching.
- Involve the community in assuring a quality education for the leaders and workers of tomorrow.
- Award innovative teaching grants.
- Recognize academic achievement.
- Recognize teaching excellence.
Strong, well-supported public schools in Lockhart, where expectations for students and staff are high and students learn that they are capable of reaching any goal, are critical to our success as a community. When members of The Foundation support students and teachers in our community, they are investing in the future of Lockhart.
- Susan Bohn, LISD Superintendent
The Education Foundation for Lockhart ISD was established in March 2014, with the express purpose of providing much-needed resources for innovative educational programs that are not funded through local, state or federal taxes.
The Education Foundation is comprised of members of the Lockhart community who raise funds from private and corporate sources funds to support the educational process in Lockhart ISD through individual grants.
Key Elements of the Grant Process
- Members from the Education Foundation visit each campus faculty to explain the grant application process.
- Application forms are obtained online, completed, and submitted first to the campus principal for approval that the grant goals meets established campus and district goals.
- Applications are next reviewed by a Grant Review Committee consisting of Education Foundation members, LISD staff, and community representatives.
- All applications are subject to a number-coded, blind review process.
- The Committee makes funding recommendations to the Foundation’s Board of Directors for final approval.
- The recommendations are then presented to the LISD School Board for formal acceptance.
- The grant recipients are announced and grants awarded on each campus.
- The funds are made available to the recipients for the following academic school year.
These grants help provide teachers and administrators with the resources to enrich teaching, inspire learning, and maximize innovative opportunities for the students of Lockhart ISD.
Our Education Foundation strives to enhance and encourage the achievements of our students, teachers, and schools in our community. Together, we can improve the educational experiences and opportunities for our students which ultimately benefit us all.
Quick Stats Of Our Progress